Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of archived packets FREE for practice and study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 am

ITT decide whether to meet with Questions Galore 

Post ITT decide whether to meet with Questions Galore
From the hsquizbowl forums:

Quote:
I live in Wheaton, and it would take me about 15 minutes to drive to Questions Galore's headquarters. Do you think it would be a good idea for me to present a case in person to Questions Galore?

Is this a good idea? If so, please make suggestions for things you would like me to bring up at a meeting with Questions Galore.

Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 pm

It's always interesting to see what someone like the founder of QG thinks about Quiz Bowl, but to be honest, I think it's pretty hopeless in terms of improving quality--the only thing that I'd want to do is shake him and yell "Why are you so incompetent?!?!"

The way someone put it, it's easy to write good one liners--QG doesn't even do that, and unless it turns out that the writer has zero knowledge of what pyramidality really means (unlikely), I doubt anyone who's so inept as to not be able to is going to be of much help.

Mon May 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Ah, I have a friend who's going to Wheaton next year...

It'll be a useless effort, but go for it. It'd be sorta like complaining to Bill Gates about Windows... it's not as if he'll do anything. Or do you have some pull in MSHSAA?

Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm not from Missouri. Illinois's middle school Scholastic Bowl state series uses Questions Galore, and I had experience editing their questions for a frosh-soph tournament Wheaton North hosted this year. Additionally, according to my old coach, the founder of Questions Galore did something for Wheaton North quizbowl, but what it is I'm not sure of at all.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 pm

AShoaib wrote:
Ah, I have a friend who's going to Wheaton next year...

It'll be a useless effort, but go for it. It'd be sorta like complaining to Bill Gates about Windows... it's not as if he'll do anything. Or do you have some pull in MSHSAA?
Nobody has any pull with MSHSAA--they live in a vacuum.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 pm
Profile WWW