Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Most important quetion

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
richbob

Most important quetion

Post by richbob »

District Game 1:

Question 1: Who is Mike Hurley?

Charbroil

Most important quetion

Post by Charbroil »

Apparently someone on the British iteration of "The Price Is Right."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_ ... ng_Games_3

But why are you posting this? Is this an actual part of the first District question?

DeckardCain

Most important quetion

Post by DeckardCain »

Isn't this the name of the person who runs Questions Galore? At least I seem to remember hearing that name discussed here before.

Charbroil

Most important quetion

Post by Charbroil »

Yep--that's him.

http://www.moaca.org/vendors/ (Go down to Questions Galore)

richbob

Most important quetion

Post by richbob »

Well done Matt!

No, it is not really the first question in districts.

It was my idea of a "fun question" with tomorrow's questions less than 24 hours away.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Most important quetion

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

richbob wrote:Well done Matt!
Question 2: Math Computation

If the legs of a right triangle are 2 and 4, what is the length of the hypotenuse?

richbob

Most important quetion

Post by richbob »

Question 3: Simplify radical 20.

Question 4: The city of Gdansk is located in this country along the Baltic Sea. If 2/3 of its citizens are members of the Solidarity Labor Union, how many of the people in Latvia have children playing soccer?

Question 5: Benjamin Franklin was the seventeenth of nineteen children. What were the names of all of his brothers and sisters?

Question 6: Plus or minus five, how many stars are in the galaxy known as Andromeda?

Question 7: Identify the high school that Sirhan Sirhan graduated from.

Question 8: What is Sirhan Sirhan's middle name?

Question 9: What was the name of Sirhan Sirhan's identical twin?

Question 10: Sirhan Sirhan shot and killed Bobby Kennedy in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. If rooms in that hotel cost 65 dollars each, how many people were staying there if the motel was full?

Sorry, I can't release any more questions from the district competition. I don't want to influence the battle between NKC and Liberty any more than I already have.

carpenoctem63141

Most important quetion

Post by carpenoctem63141 »

richbob wrote:Question 4: The city of Gdansk is located in this country along the Baltic Sea. If 2/3 of its citizens are members of the Solidarity Labor Union, how many of the people in Latvia have children playing soccer?
Correction: Express your answer as a decimal. Make sure you multiply by pi and e.

NKCtrashman

Most important quetion

Post by NKCtrashman »

Question 11: Who am I? i am a truck driver form Toledo. I once went to a Grateful Dead concert when is was 16. Ever since i have collected stamps. When i turned 21, i went to Tijuana where i ...welll you know. Name this monarch of mid sixteenth century England? ANSWER: Mary Stuart AND DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER ANSWER ESPECIALLY IF IT INCLUDES SCOTS OR PI AND SUBSEQUENTLY BANISH THE PLAYER TO HELL. 666.