Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of archived packets FREE for practice and study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Quizbowl tournament calendar 

Post Quizbowl tournament calendar
Here's a message that my friend Trygve Meade posted this recently on hsquizbowl.org.
Trygve Meade wrote:
Andrew Hart and I have created a central calendar that is intended to be used to post high school tournaments, starting with 2008. It's hosted on the new quizbowl wiki, and it's really easy to put your tournament up there. Once your tournament is over, you can put a link to your stats there, and perhaps a small write-up to let everyone know how it was for posterity.

We're hoping that everyone chooses to use it. If everyone does, we'll have a useful tool that people can use to make sure they're not scheduling things on the same day as other people in the same area without having to dig through this site's announcement threads. Also, when people are planning their team's tournaments, it'll help to have everything in one easy, convenient place. It really only can be good if the majority uses it, though, so please use it when you're running tournaments in addition to this site.

The calendar is intended to be sort of a national thing. I'm guessing most people already have local ones through their coaches association (I know Illinois has one like that), but having all of the tournaments on a calendar in a central location provides a number of advantages - not the least of which is that we'll be able to have a central place to go for results and things of the nature (as long as everyone uses it).

This is a link to the calendar itself.
There are instructions on that page that simply explain how to create your tournament's page for the calendar.  It's really very easy to do and not very time consuming (so far, most people on the college version have just been copying and pasting the details from their hsqb  announcement). Please choose to use it!

Basically, if you're hosting a tournament, people would love for you to put it on the calendar.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:30 pm