Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of archived packets FREE for practice and study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

moquizbowl.com 

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Post moquizbowl.com
After consulting James, I have registered moquizbowl.com and forwarded it to this board.

The way it is set up right now, it seems that the address will not change as you navigate, but if you create a link to a page and replace "s4.invisionfree.com/academic_competition" with "moquizbowl.com" it will work (e.g. http://www.moquizbowl.com/index.php?showtopic=1666 will redirect to this thread.)

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
Awesome.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
COOL

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
Nice.

A bit too late, considering I've already memorized the old URL though. -_-

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:20 am

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Post moquizbowl.com
Minor technical note - as soon as the changes to the domain propagate, I am going to officially change the primary domain of this board to moquizbowl.com. After running a quick test, I have discovered that once this change is made you will have to sign in again; I apologize for the minor annoyance.

As far as I know, all s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Competition links and such will still work; it will just redirect to the appropriate page prefixed with moquizbowl.com

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
Just thought of this... once I make this change, technically the domain for the board will be moquizbowl.com and not zetaboards.com, so it's possible that the board would no longer be blocked by school filters.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
ScoBo1987 wrote:
Just thought of this... once I make this change, technically the domain for the board will be moquizbowl.com and not zetaboards.com, so it's possible that the board would no longer be blocked by school filters.
Nice.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile WWW

Post moquizbowl.com
To be cautious, I will be waiting until about lunchtime tomorrow to make the change, just in case the updated DNS entry for moquizbowl.com hasn't quite propagated to the rest of the Internet.

If you go to moquizbowl.com and the address bar changes to something containing s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Competition, the changes have propagated to your ISP's DNS server.

If it still says moquizbowl.com, your ISP is still pointing to the old redirect method; please let me know so I don't lock you out of the board.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:44 pm
Profile WWW