Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Spokane

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Mdawg111

Spokane

Post by Mdawg111 »

Whats everyone thinking of Spokane this year? They're pretty low key but we have a team that I think could really compete on the sectional and state level and we kept the same team that beat Clever twice last year so wondering what everyone thought

ClaHa

Re: Spokane

Post by ClaHa »

I ran Spokane's results from NAQT and I'd say you're pretty competitive. You've got an average score of 360 for a 50 question game (adjusted to 150 for a 20 TUH game), and an average margin of victory of 180 for 50 TUH.
For comparison, Clever's 2017-18 average 50TUH score is about 300, and average MOV is 130.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

I really can't judge a Missouri team until I've seen them play, and I've never seen you guys play, so I don't really know how to judge your playing abilities. We'd certainly love to see you at any of the events included on this list, if you all can make it out to a few.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

Mdawg111 wrote:Whats everyone thinking of Spokane this year? They're pretty low key but we have a team that I think could really compete on the sectional and state level and we kept the same team that beat Clever twice last year so wondering what everyone thought
What we think shouldn't matter. What you want to do for yourself should. See the link above to the archive.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

I'll echo what Sean and Jacob said. I'm thrilled to see Spokane in the field for Glendale and Sparta, two events that should give you and area teams an idea of what to expect this coming season.