- Correct tossup answers are ten points each. All tossups are five seconds, except for math computation which will receive ten seconds. No powers or negs will be awarded.
- The team that receives the bonus will have five seconds to answer each part. The moderator will prompt after four seconds. In the event a bonus part is computation, the team will receive 10 seconds to answer instead of 15.
- Each incorrect bonus part will immediately rebound. All rebounds are five seconds. Unless otherwise specified in a bonus set, each bonus part shall be ten points each.
- In the event a game is tied after regulation, additional tossups shall be read until the next change in score.
- Each team shall have one 30-second timeout per half. Substitutions, scorechecks, and team conferences may occur at the half, prior to overtime, or during any timeout called by either team.
- Teams rosters shall be limited to seven players; schools are encouraged to bring junior varsity and “B” teams to compete. Teams may play with fewer than four players, but should have at least two. Rosters shall be submitted in advance and finalized at registration the morning of the tournament. Players may not change teams during the tournament.
Teams will play five morning rounds, break for lunch, then return for at least three afternoon games. This setup is subject to change, depending on the number of teams signed up. We plan to start the team meeting at 8:30 a.m., with the first round set for at 8:50 a.m. and afternoon rounds slated to begin at 1:30 p.m. With the exception of any playoff games for trophies, we anticipate the last game ending around 4 p.m.
Fee structure is as follows, per school:
- Each team: $70
- Discount for travelling more than 100 miles (one way, as determined by Google Maps): $10
- Discount for providing a working buzzer set: $5
- Discount for providing a competent scorekeeper: $10
- Discount for providing a competent moderator: $15
Glendale High School is located at 2727 S Ingram Mill Road, in the southeastern part of Springfield. The school is best accessible from Highway 65 at the Battlefield Road junction. Turn west onto Battlefield, then right onto Ingram Mill. Glendale will be on your left.
The tournament is under the direction of Glendale High School Coach Dr Bob Lynch. Members of the Missouri Quizbowl Alliance, an organization dedicated to promoting quality scholar bowl tournaments around the state, have provided assistance in developing this event. We anticipate receiving certification and further assistance.
To register for this tournament, please visit http://tinyurl.com/2019GlendaleKickoff. Questions concerning the tournament may be directed to either Dr Bob Lynch at BLynch@spsmail.org or Kyle Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2019 Glendale Kickoff” in the subject line.
We look forward to seeing you at Glendale High School on November 2nd.