Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Savannah Tournament(s) 

Post Savannah Tournament(s)
Savannah Varsity Tournament: March 19th
Savannah JV Tournament: February 5th

Make sure to tell your coaches! We have a tradition of hosting great tournaments and attracting great teams. WCA, Parkway, Eureka, Ladue etc... you eastside teams should seriously consider our varsity tournament. If Jimmy or George could spread the word somehow that would be awesome. I promise it will have great competition. Last year, the tournament champion was Southside from Fort Smith, AR. We are sending out invites this Thursday I think. If you want to make sure your team gets one then just post your school name and address on here and I'll make sure you are on the list.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:50 pm

how far away is savannah from Stl?

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:24 pm

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
JimmyL wrote:
how far away is savannah from Stl?

Five hours - four to KC and then head north on 29. Just 10 minutes north of St. Joe.
I still take some pride in Savannah being only 50 minutes from my driveway. :D

David, be sure to let Coach Luce know I'd love to help March 19.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:01 pm

Quote:
I still take some pride in Savannah being only 50 minutes from my driveway.
Pride? huh? Congratulations, we're so proud of you...I don't see how you can be proud about that, it't not a contest or anything, nor is it anything anyone can control. ...On the other hand, the accepted time from Liberty to Columbia is 2 hours, and I've made it in 80 minutes...I am quite proud of that. I don't see that as quite the same thing, though, because I know Kyle doesn't speed...

Sorry, I have this terrible habit of posting off-topic...

Savannah? I have not yet been to a Savannah tournament. That's kind of sad, I guess...I don't know what I had going on on that day before, probably large-group contest or something. But, uh, I should be able to go this year, presuming my team's going (I assume we are, I don't have a schedule with me)

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:08 pm

Mapquest is really helpful for finding tiny towns like Savannah.

I'll be sure to tell him, Kyle.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:31 pm

I tried to get coach to take us to Savannah last year; he was leery of staying a night in a hotel with our team. (I can't honestly say I blame him for that.)

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

The varisty questions should be good, if a certain someone ever starts writing them.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:34 pm

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
DavidH wrote:
Mapquest is really helpful for finding tiny towns like Savannah.

Tiny? Savannah's larger than Macon!

Well, barely larger than Macon, but I've been in some REALLY small towns, like Goldsberry. And Reger. And Tullvania.

Jeff, why the crap haven't we written a question featuring Tullvania before!?

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:59 am

I drove through a town once that had a sign that said "Population 15" - can't remember where it was. It may have been around Stockton Lake.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:07 am
Profile WWW

The invitations are out. Your school should receive them in the next couple of days. I think we are taking 32 teams, but I think we may take more if its possible to fit more in our school. I'll have to check to see the number for JV.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
JV tournament next Saturday... I know we're obviously going and I'm observing and keeping stats... what's the format for the JV one again?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

bah...we wish we could go....but I don't hink we're up to driving so far away again and staying overnight in a hotel again.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:33 pm

You'll have to ask David to be sure, but I think it's probably 1st quarter -- 20 toss-ups, 2nd quarter -- 60 second round, 3rd quarter -- 5 toss-ups with bonuses, and 4th quarter -- 20 toss-ups. That's the basic format of most Savannah tournaments.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 pm

Yea thats how we do it. I have to go make the brackets... fun.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:03 pm

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Well, I guess I'd better pull this thread to the top since it's 12 days away. I'm ready for a great tournament - we haven't played in a one-day tournament since Truman. Wow... we still have Conference before this too.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Our tournament is this Saturday! Just a reminder to teams, Kyle and Melissa, and anyone else who may care.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Yes, I will be there, it's probably contigent on me being paid for the questions I wrote, which I hope are good and don't have any (obvious) mistakes.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:02 pm

Well it should be a great tournament... some key names to know will be there are Lexington, Mound City and a team from Sioux City in DI; in DII, Edmund Santa Fe from Oklahoma, Northside AR, Liberty, Elkhorn NE, more Sioux City teams... should be pretty intense.

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:24 pm

Good luck to everyone attending today. As Luce would say, "Get the ones you know and don't shoot yourself in the foot." I'll try to have results posted around 5:00 tonight.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:45 am