Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Truman Bowl VI (02/23/2019)

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Mickey0R0urke

Truman Bowl VI (02/23/2019)

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Hello Coaches!

I am pleased to announce that Truman Bowl VI will be taking place on the campus of Truman State University on February 23rd, 2019. We hope to use an NAQT set; once NAQT lets us know if we can use a set, we will update all teams with the set number and what other tournaments in Missouri use the set.

Base Fee
$50 per Team
$45 per second and other subsequent teams from the same school (so if a school brings 3 teams, the cost will be $140 before discounts)

Discounts
$10 per working buzzer system (if your system does not allow 8 people to play at once, please don’t bring it)
$5 discount for each 100 miles traveled one-way (determined using Google Maps)
A staff discount is still in discussion.

We prefer to accept payment by cash or by a check made out to “Academic Competition Organization” on the day of the tournament. If you need an invoice to pay us for the tournament, please let me know no later than January 20th.

If you have any questions you’d like to ask about the tournament or to register for the tournament, please feel free to email the Tournament Directors (myself and William Bordowitz) at jacob.orourke.7 [at] gmail.com and wnb8537 at truman.edu.

Thanks, and I hope to see you all in Kirksville on February 23rd!

Jacob O’Rourke
Co-Tournament Director, Truman Bowl VI

Mickey0R0urke

Re: Truman Bowl VI (02/23/2019)

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Field (3/18):
-Kirksville [3 teams, ? buzzers, ? staffers]

Mickey0R0urke

Re: Truman Bowl VI (02/23/2019)

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

We will be using NAQT's IS-182A for this tournament. You can find a list of what tournaments have or will be using the set here.