Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Marshall Freshman Tournament

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
missouriacademic

Marshall Freshman Tournament

Post by missouriacademic »

I'm a little late getting this one out (OK, a lot late!!), sorry. I've got the entry form as an email attachment if anyone here wants it.

Marshall Academic Team
Marshall High School
805 South Miami, Marshall, MO 65340
(660) 886-2244 * fax (660) 886-2669

December 9, 2004

A Tournament Just For Freshmen!

Marshall High School is hosting something new just to give these youngsters a chance to play without the peer pressure and intimidation of older students. The tournment for freshmen only is to be be held on Saturday, January 15, 2005, and we would love for you to attend. Entry deadline is Friday, January 7, 2005. Yes, act now, it’s soon! Marshall’s team will be competing.

Tournament fees are $50 for one team and $45 for a second team. We will award trophies to the top four teams as well as medals to the top eight high scorers. Members of the champion team will also receive medals. Entry fees are nonrefundable if an entered team withdraws after January 7. Coaches will receive copies of questions for the rounds in which her/his team competes.

Format for the tournament will follow as such:
· 5-period game
· Period 1: 15 toss-ups
· Period 2: Lightning round
· Period 3: Toss-ups and bonuses (5)
· Period 4: Worksheet
· Period 5: Remaing toss-ups at double value

Registration for the tournament begins at 8:00 a.m. followed by a coaches’ meeting at 8:30. Game play begins at 9:00 and each team is guaranteed 3 games. Please get your entries in as soon as possible. Purchase orders are accepted. Make out any checks or purchase orders to Marshall High School Academic Team. If you have any questions, call (660) 886-2244 or e-mail me anytime. You will be notified (via e-mail where possible) of your entry’s confirmation.

Audrey Connor
Marshall Academic Sponsor
earthstar@hotmail.com
aconnor@marshallschools.com