I am pleased to announce that Truman Bowl VII will be taking place on Truman State University's campus on March 19th, 2016. This tournament will use NAQT's IS-151A which is also being used for tournaments at Marionville, Lee's Summit North, Orchard Farm, DeSmet, Perryville or Calvary Lutheran. If you have participated in ANY of these tournaments, you will be ineligible to attend Truman Bowl VII.
This tournament will consist of at least eight games for each team in a modified NAQT format:
- Each game will consist of 20 tossups, with correct tossups followed by a three-part rebounding bonus.
- Tossups will be worth 10 points each, with an additional 5 points awarded for a correct answer before a predetermined point in the question.
- However, we will not be using a five point penalty for interrupting the moderator with an incorrect answer before the end of the tossup.
- MSHSAA timing rules will apply, with two exceptions:
- Teams will only receive five seconds to answer a bonus
- Math calculation tossups and bonus will receive 10 seconds.
- First team: $60
- Additional teams: $55
- Discount for travelling more than 100 miles each way (determined by Google Maps): $10
- Alumni discount (see below): $10
- Discount for providing a working buzzer set (must allow for 8 people at a time): $5 (maximum of $10)
- Staff discount: $5 per staffer (maximum of $10)
The field will initially be capped at 12 teams but this may change depending on staff availability
Any questions concerning this tournaments may be directed to myself (email@example.com), Houston Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kyle Hill (email@example.com). Please include "Truman Bowl VII" in the subject line.
Thank you for your time, we hope to see you all on March 19th!