Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:28 am

Tiger Bowl VIII at Mizzou - February 20, 2015 

Post Tiger Bowl VIII at Mizzou - February 20, 2015
Greetings, coaches!

I'm pleased to announce the eighth iteration of Tiger Bowl to be hosted by the University of Missouri Quizbowl Club. The tournament will run on the 20th of February in a building TBD. We will be using the Maryland Fall question set for this tournament. This tournament will abide by all MSHSAA rules, and will use PACE rules for scoring (20 tossups with 30 point rebounding bonuses, and tossups will have no point penalties for an early buzz that is incorrect, and powers, or an extra 10 points for a correct early buzz.) All teams attending can expect to play at least 10 rounds, with more for teams expecting to be competitive in the playoffs.

We will be giving out trophies to the top 4 attending teams.

This tournament will be using a rule where each team can have a maximum of 6 players. If you have more than that, do not feel hesitant signing up an extra team so that every player gets more opportunities to participate in games.

The field will be capped at 24 teams. Spaces will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will form a waitlist, and if teams drop, we will proceed down the list in order. If the field fills, then we will be able to guarantee you a 10 game schedule, which we are very excited to offer your team to allow them to get increased early season playing time. We hope to expand the field to 36 teams if we can meet our staffing needs.

Once again, as with our Fall Tournament, Sean Phillips will be joining me as co-Tournament Director. Please either email him at seanqb1982@gmail.com or myself, Itamar Naveh-Benjamin at mizzouquizbowl@gmail.com with registrations or any and all questions and concerns. Thank you all - we hope to see you on the 20th!

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Post Re: Tiger Bowl VIII at Mizzou - February 20, 2015
Here is the current field. If you emailed one of us about attending and don't see youself listed, please email me ASAP at the above email and we will figure out if our junk mail settings are too high.

Field (28/28 as of 1/15/16)
Hallsville (ss) (1 team, 1 buzzer)
Centralia (ss) (3 teams, buzzer and staff tbd)
Cuba (ss) (1 team)
Washington (3 teams, 4 buzzers, staff tbd)
Tuscumbia (ss) (1 team, 2 buzzers, 1 moderator and other staff tbd)
Hannibal (2 teams)
Pilot Grove (ss) (2 teams, 1 buzzer)
Fort Osage (2 teams)
Rock Bridge (3 teams)
Moberly (2 teams)
Hickman (2 teams, 2 buzzers, 3 staff)
Ladue (5 teams)
Salem (ss) (1 team)

Waitlist (5-6)
Salem (1)
Calvary Lutheran (1-2)
DeSmet (2)
Francis Howell (1)

And as at MFAT we will be offering a small school title so this field is shaping up to be quite excellent in that regard. See you all in February!

Last edited by scphilli on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:52 am

It occurred to both Itamar and myself that in our haste, we neglected to publish a fee structure for this event. The fee structure is identical to MFAT which is as follows:

Fee Structure:
First team from a school: $65
Additional teams from the same school: $60 per team
Buzzer system discount*: -$5 per system per team, up to $20 off.
Staffer discounts: -$5 per team that brings a scorekeeper, and -$15 for each experienced moderator a team brings. This can be a coach, parent, or any other person attending who isn’t playing. We will provide the scorekeeper with a lunch. For both the staff discounts, we need to know about your plans to bring staff before the tournament, and we reserve the right to not take you up on your staff and their discount.

Apologies if this led to any confusion.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:23 am

We have expanded to 28 teams!

Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 am

Currently approved by MSHSAA and waiting to hear back from PACE!

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:57 pm

This event is now certified as PACE platinum meaning the top 25% will qualify for PACE nationals!

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:37 pm

khrum wrote:
Greetings, coaches!

I'm pleased to announce the eighth iteration of Tiger Bowl to be hosted by the University of Missouri Quizbowl Club. The tournament will run on the 20th of February in a building TBD. We will be using the Maryland Fall question set for this tournament. This tournament will abide by all MSHSAA rules, and will use PACE rules for scoring (20 tossups with 30 point rebounding bonuses, and tossups will have no point penalties for an early buzz that is incorrect, and powers, or an extra 10 points for a correct early buzz.) All teams attending can expect to play at least 10 rounds, with more for teams expecting to be competitive in the playoffs.

This post says that there will be rebounding bonuses, but the email my coach received said there were no bouncebacks. Which is correct?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:05 pm

yankees12071222 wrote:
khrum wrote:
Greetings, coaches!

This post says that there will be rebounding bonuses, but the email my coach received said there were no bouncebacks. Which is correct?

No rebounds. I apologize for the error.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Prelims:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... s/prelims/

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:09 pm

After consolations and superplayoffs:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... /combined/

Rock Bridge and Hannibal are playing the final now.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Hannibal A beat Rock Bridge in their first game of the advantaged final 350-300. One more winner take all game going on now!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Hannibal takes the second game 430 to 260!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Now with combined scores:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... /combined/

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 pm

The following deserve the highest thanks for a very very well run Tiger Bowl yesterday: Itamar Naveh-Benjamin, Charles Hang (when he deigned us with his presence), Matt Chadbourne , Angel Young, Jason Loy, Ciara Basham, Luke Schuster, Dylan Cain, Josh Chittum, Stephanie Hull, Kyle Hill, Sherry Xie, Franziska Weston, Josh Malecki, Dylan Randolph, Ryan Kennedy, James Dolezal, Jacob Bryce O'Rourke, Greg Irwin, Tessa Valleroy, Diana Harmata, Caleb Martonfi, John Perlik. If I forgot anyone my sincerest apologies, but know that all of you rocked hard!

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm