Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Tuscumbia SCOP mirror - 10/13/12

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

Tuscumbia SCOP mirror - 10/13/12

Post by Jason Loy »

Tuscumbia High School is pleased to announce the second annual Tuscumbia Fall Academic Tournament, which will take place on Saturday, October 13, 2012. All high school students, except those who have played in either national tournament (PACE NSC or NAQT HSNCT), are eligible for this tournament.

We will be using the SCOP question set, details of which can be found here: http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 09&t=13243. Each game will consist of twenty tossups (with 15-point powers and 5-point negs) and rebounding bonuses. Each team will play at least eight matches regardless of performance.

Fees are as follows:

base fee (first team from each school): $50
second or subsequent teams: $45
travel discount (100 miles or more one way): -$10 per team
buzzer discount (must work for eight players; limit two per school): -$5

You may register by emailing me at jloy@tuscumbialions.k12.mo.us. Feel free to post in this thread about your intent to attend, but I will not consider you registered until you have emailed me at the above address with a specific number of teams and buzzer systems you plan to bring. The field will be capped at eighteen teams, so be sure to register early!

Please email me if you have any questions. Hope to see you in October!

Jason Loy

Re: Tuscumbia SCOP mirror - 10/13/12

Post by Jason Loy »

Field:

Cuba
El Dorado Springs
Elsberry
Fort Osage (2)
Hallsville (2)
Pilot Grove
Rock Bridge
Richland (2)