Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

2012 MSHSAA Districts general discussion

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

2012 MSHSAA Districts general discussion

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Discuss 2012 Districts here. DO NOT DISCUSS QUESTION CONTENT in this thread as these questions are being used elsewhere in the country.

I'll set up a private question discussion forum assuming I get the go-ahead from Jeff Hoppes/NAQT.
If you attended districts, you may request access to the private discussion forum. Go to the usergroups page, find 2012 MSHSAA question discussion, and select Join.

Coach Brown

Re: 2012 MSHSAA Districts general discussion

Post by Coach Brown »

I was under the belief that the questions for Missouri are pristine and used only by Missouri.

Is that incorrect?

Coach Brown

Post by Coach Brown »

I was under the belief that the questions for Missouri are pristine and used only by Missouri.

Is that incorrect?

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Yeah, that's incorrect, the only way NAQT was interested in taking the contract was if MSHSAA changed those rules last year, which they did. The districts set had questions from Invitational Series 108A and 112A, if I'm not mistaken, and state will have questions from IS 116.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Both of those sets have not been used in Missouri to my knowledge, and NAQT has a policy of not discussing question content on the online forums until after NAQT's National Championship over Memorial Day weekend, so no one should have heard the set before.

However, there were things that happened at districts that I feel needs to be addressed. At the very least, the recognition rule should be changed. That screwed many knowledgeable teams out of points (This happened in the third prelim game between Hannibal and Helias). From what I understand, Hickman was upset by Jeff City in Round 3 because of the recognition rule. (I am not trying to say anything about the ability of Hannibal and Jeff City here, just that Helias and Hickman have shown themselves to be better teams throughout the year)

panthers787

Post by panthers787 »

Wish we used an invitational series packet for districts.

bt_green_warbler

Post by bt_green_warbler »

U. Lou Sthagaim wrote: I'll set up a private question discussion forum assuming I get the go-ahead from Jeff Hoppes/NAQT.
Please do.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

bt_green_warbler wrote:
U. Lou Sthagaim wrote: I'll set up a private question discussion forum assuming I get the go-ahead from Jeff Hoppes/NAQT.
Please do.
This has been set up. If you were in last year's group you should have access already. If you attended districts, you may request access to the private discussion forum. Go to the usergroups page, find 2012 MSHSAA question discussion, and select Join. Jeff or a board administrator must approve your request before you can view the forum.