Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

University of Missouri tournaments 2011-2012

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Charlie Dees

University of Missouri tournaments 2011-2012

Post by Charlie Dees »

I discussed this with Alex and last I heard, these were the dates we were looking at:

We will be running the fourth annual Missouri Fall Academic Tournament on Oct. 22 (the week before is homecoming, so that was not really feasible. Also, 4th annual!). This event will have an 18 team cap, and will use an NAQT-written Invitational Series, as usual. There will be powers, negs, and rebounding bonuses.

We will be running Tiger Bowl IV on December 3rd. We will try to get enough staff early to make this be a 36-team field, and this event will use an HSAPQ-written set. We will again be using the official rules of the PACE National Scholastics Championship here, so there will be 20 point powers, no negs, and rebounding bonuses.

We will be running the third annual Mort Walker Invitational on February 11th. This tournament will have an 18 team cap, and will be a mirror of some set, probably GSAC again unless something more appealing comes along. This will us official ACF rules, so no powers, yes to negs, and non-rebounding bonuses.

Our campus will also be hosting the 2012 NAQT Missouri Qualifier, which should be announced separately in the near future.

We will also again be the site of the 2012 Pre-Nationals Tournament and MOQBA Singles Championship, on May 19th.

Make sure to mark these dates off on your calendar. I am very proud to say that our tournaments have been able to attract a really diverse group of teams from all over the state, and there are not many chances each year for teams to play the best teams from St. Louis, Kansas City, and Central Missouri, teams like Ladue, Clayton, Savannah, North Kansas City, Rock Bridge, and Helias, in one day. I hope to see your teams in Columbia at these events next year!