Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Nixa Invitational

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
FordATeam/CC

Nixa Invitational

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Nixa will be holding their tournament tommorrow. I received an e-mail this morning from their coach stating that they are not planning to postpone.

Teams planning to attend:
Nixa
Reeds Spring (2)
Branson (2)
Lockwood (2)
Parkview
Willard
Glendale
Lebanon
Kickapoo

Ford08

Nixa Invitational

Post by Ford08 »

If for some reason we cannot have our own tournament tomorrow do you think they would let us attend this? I doubt it but they might if we can contact them today.

FordATeam/CC

Nixa Invitational

Post by FordATeam/CC »

1st: Lebanon
2nd: Lockwood
3rd: Nixa
4th Kickapoo

All-Tournament Team:
1) 31 - Matt (Lebanon)
2) 23 - Ben (Kickapoo)
3) 23 - Danielle (Lockwood)
4) 22 - Yong (Kickapoo)
5) 21 - Michael (Lockwood)
6) 20 - Kevin (Glendale)
7) 18 - Jordan (Lockwood)
8) 18 - Trevor (Reeds Spring)

Ford08

Nixa Invitational

Post by Ford08 »

Not meaning to boast or come across that way at all but, I pretty sure that if we went to this we would have won.

FordATeam/CC

Nixa Invitational

Post by FordATeam/CC »

It would have been interesting. I wish theirs and ours would have been on different weekends. We'll get to test your statement soon, seeing that Lebanon (along with teams like Richland, West Plains, and several of the Central Ozarks Conference class 3 & 4 teams) will be competing at Reeds Spring (although I believe that tournament will be on only 1st - 3rd quarter questions). I know we beat Lebanon in a close game last year, but Lebanon represented themselves well at Richland this year and they still have Matt, which was the strength of their team last year. Lockwood also returned a strong team this year and has represented themselves well. You may be correct, but it wouldn't have been a sure thing. That being said, I don't think I've seen you guys play as a team better than you did in that championship match. That was such a nice thing to witness after being so flat for much of the NAQT.

Ford08

Nixa Invitational

Post by Ford08 »

So their not even going to play a full match? Jeez I guess we wont be able to go toe to toe with Richland untill districts... Oh well I am intested to see how we will fare.

FordATeam/CC

Nixa Invitational

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Ford08 wrote: So their not even going to play a full match? Jeez I guess we wont be able to go toe to toe with Richland untill districts... Oh well I am intested to see how we will fare.
Richland is also at Rolla 2 days later I believe. Those will be full matches.