Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of archived packets FREE for practice and study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 am

North Kansas City Junior Varsity Tournament 

Post North Kansas City Junior Varsity Tournament
The annual North Kansas City fall tournament for junior varsity teams will be occuring on November 17, 2007. We will probably have a team cap at 16 or 20 teams, due to having to share a building with a debate tournament of some note. The format is to be determined, although I predict it will be some form of 4 quarters, and most of the questions will probably be written by our coach.

While there is some controversy over what a JV player is exactly, I will give you some help. If you are a senior, you are not JV. If you played on the varsity team for a significant amount of time in the previous season (like, 2 full tournaments or equivalent playing time for alternates) you probably aren't JV. If this is your third year of playing, you probably aren't junior varsity (although this can be fineggled with if you really aren't up to varsity level play). If in the previous year you won tons of scoring titles or routinely massacred other JV teams, you probably aren't a JV player anymore (although this can also be negotiated). At this point in the year it is too early to tell any brand new freshman or sophomore players that have played a varsity tournament that they shouldn't do JV, although I think by February or March that practice should start to come into effect. If you show up blatantly violating some of these guidelines, the tournament director can reserve the right to disqualify you and I WILL publicly identify you by name and team because I'm not very nice.

Anyway, as long as you don't do any funny stuff, we look forward to hosting you and your JV teams on November 17th. If you are interested in attending email me at KCquizbowl -at- gmail [dot spamsucks] com and I will gladly forward your email to Coach Allen, the TD.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:34 am